When selecting a group of objects to export to Google Earth, this wizard can be invoked to help you customize the procedure:
This is done in a three-step process:
Step 1: Choose the coordinate system
You can either:
1) Use a specific coordinate system from our list (if you have already set one it will directly appear here)
2) Define a specific transformation, by selecting a point in your drawing and its orientation and linking it to a position in Google Earth, expressed by its Longtitude and Latitude
The drawing location can either be entered manually or selected inside AutoCAD by clicking on the "+" icon.
Step 2: Select the objects you want to publish
Here you can select the objects that you want to export and customize the way they will appear in Google Earth:
You can either export every entity in your project, or pick specific objects by selecting "Select specific model space entities" and manually adding them by clicking on the "+" button.
You can choose whether you want Text and Points to be published and if you would like to retain the line thickness specified in AutoCAD.
This last option is by default not selected, as it causes progressively blurred representations of your project, as the eye altitude of Google Earth increases.
The number of straight lines used to approximate Circles and Splines can also be defined here.
Step 3: Complete the export
In this last dialog you can choose the name of the exported KML file, change the style of the placemarks that will be created and select and appropriate Elevation Mode:
- Elevation relative to ground should be selected if the objects in your project have Z-values that represent their distance from the ground.
- Elevation relative to sea lelel can be chosen when every element in your project has absolute z-values.
Note: Due to possible inaccuracies of Google Earth's terrain representation in the area of interest, your project might appear either elevated or immersed into the ground when using this option.
- Drape entities on ground is the best option if you are not interested in a 3D export, as evey published object will appear clamped to the ground.
Finally you can select "Enable quick wizard mode" if you want to speed up the process of exporting objects. This way, if you have already selected a group of objects before using the "Publish to Google Earth" command, you will be taken directly to this last dialog box.